(Mountains across the valley from Jim’s yard)
Where to start, long vacation. It’s was nice to get away from the job and just relax but after you’ve been gone for 2 weeks your really glad to get back home. Not back to work, just home.
We began our adventure on April 9th around 2pm. I skipped out of week a couple hours early so we could hit the road. Michelle had been backed for over a week and was really ready to get out of town. The drive from Sioux Falls to Utah was a long 18 hours and the weather didn’t help much. For most of the night I had to drive in fog first, then snow followed by icy roads. Not much fun but not much different than we had been driving on all winter.
We stayed in Utah until Tuesday morning with Jim and his family. The best part of stopping in Utah was getting to spend some time with Michelle’s cousin. We haven’t been back to AL for awhile and I know she really enjoyed spending the day with her. We also spent a day with Teri and Preston, man oh man Kellen is a bundle of energy and so much fun.
Tuesday morning we headed for SoCal with mom. She was going to stay in Utah until the following week but we talked her into driving back to CA with us so
she would have more time to spend with the kids. A nice short 12 hour drive to mom and dad’s. Doesn't that sound sick, 12 hours short. We had thought about staying in Vegas with the kids but ended up just
stopping for buffet dinner at the Luxor. And of course Brittney and Sean had to stop in and check out Chris Angels store.
The stay in Cali was fantastic. Took the kids to the beach a couple time, hit the Hansen Planetarium and just basically took it easy and did a lot of relaxing. And we can’t forget the shopping. Michelle and Brittney wanted to hit the outlet malls there in Camarillo so while we shopped Sean and Dad went fishing. You know, he asked to go fishing with Dad so many time while in Cali. I guess i’m just going to have to get a license this
year and take him more. It’s something he loves doing and something I can do with him. Which was the point of the whole trip, right. I didn’t really take many still pictures in Cali, more video than stills. But being the photographer that I am Brittney and I
still managed to get some really kewl pictures while there. Besides, I need to add some landscape images to my photography website.
We ended our vacation by spending two fantastic, HOT days playing in Disneyland and California Adventures. I think we picked a perfect time of year to go. I don’t think we waited longer than 30 minutes in line and that was for splash mountain. Most of the rides we just about walked on. The kids had an amazing time and will remember it for a long time.
We headed for home Wednesday morning after getting up with Dad at 4am to say goodbye. With a couple 2 hour stops on the way home we finally arrived at around 2pm on Thursday. Yes, do the math… 30+ hours of travelling. Not much fun.
It was an amazing trip that I wish we could do more often but I keep telling myself when it comes to driving that far. “It’s nice to make that trip every now and again to remind yourself why you don’t make that trip.”
Thanks to everyone that took time out of there schedules to spend time with us. We love you all.

1 comment:
those are some fun photos. We had a blast hanging out with you guys, hopefully we can do it again soon. I have been a blog slug lately, but I am going to get a vacation picture up soon. Love you guys
Terri
Post a Comment